Re: [Amps] Procedure for New 3-500's...

To: "'amps@hidden-valley.com'" <amps@hidden-valley.com>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Procedure for New 3-500's...
From: "Randall, Randy" <Randy.Randall@healthall.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 10:02:13 -0500
The burn in procedure is for new old stock Eimac's that have been noted to have
seal leakage around the pins.  It has been noted that this is not useful as the
plate must be hot (red hot) to activate the gettering material.  Since these
are NEW recent manaufacture (and RF parts tests the tubes before shipment) I
agree with Phil.  Plug them in, wait 3-6 seconds and tune her up!

Randy AB9GO