Re: [Amps] Source for YC-156 tubes

To: "Jack Henkle" <w7jk@verizon.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Source for YC-156 tubes
From: "k7rdx" <k7rdx@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 07:38:36 -0800
I have purchased several YC-156A pulls from this vendor and nearly every one
tested very good. They will exchange if you get a bad tube,however I suggest
if building from scratch to have your tubes tested..Will save hours of
frustration when you finially light off the new amp..Remember: Most of the
pulls offered have been stored for several months (Or years) so de-gassing
is a good idea before use. I test my tubes filament for rated current
pull,hi-pot for twice rated dc voltage,and run in a cooled jig with filament
voltage for at least 8 hrs and then hi-pot again before testing with hv in
my amp.It`s a lot of extra work but saves other component failure in the
event of a flash-over..Zonum Industries will do this procedure for around
100 bucks plus shipping. GL,Jim..K7RDX..