Re: [Amps] Alpha 78 Grid current anomily (possible problem)

To: <nd8dx@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 78 Grid current anomily (possible problem)
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 09:41:15 -0500
You can test one tube at a time with the others removed and air flow
blocked. Run 25-30W drive on 80M. A tube with low emission will drift.

Ive found crystalized solder joints on many vintage amps that cause most
drift and tuning problems. Suck it all out and reflow.

A defective cap will affect the tuning but are not a typical failure
item in an Alpha.

Carl
KM1H