Re: [Amps] Internal QSK-5

To: philc@texascellnet.com,"'amps'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Internal QSK-5
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 10:06:44 -0600
Thanks, Phil!

What I have is a very early PIN-5 switch (S/N 0018). I understand
that this evolved into the QSK-5, but I don't know what the differences are.

As this is an early model, I haven't much of a manual with this one.
When I purchased it in 1986 from Ameritron it came with two sheets of
installation instructions and two sheets that cover theory of
operation and the schematic. There are also about 4 pages of
pictorials for the installation in either an AL-80A or an AL-1200. I
have a replacement HV transistor that's used for switching and
replacement PIN diodes for both the rx and tx side.

I'll replace the fuse bulbs and make sure I understand what's
happening. I'll also download what I can from the Ameritron site and
see what I can learn from that.

73,

Kim Elmore N5OP