Re: [Amps] RF ?

To: "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] RF ?
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 09:31:59 -0800
On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 07:08:21 -0500, Francis Sanita wrote:

>I have not eliminated this issue to any particular band and no other
>equipment in my shack affects the garage door opener ( not even my
>30L-1).

Frank,

You've gotten excellent advice for fixing an overload problem, but one
part of your post raises a red flag -- "not even my 30L-1"  I interpret
that to mean that the 30L-1 doesn't bother the GDO. That suggests that
the SB-200 may be putting out a harmonic or spur that is causing the
problem.

By all means, DO follow the good advice you've received (cap on
terminals going to remote wiring, ferrite choke on power cable). The
choke needs to be multiple turns around a toroid per my tutorial. But
if that doesn't fix it, suspect the amp.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC