Re: [Amps] Pole Pigs

To: "Rex Lint" <rex@lint.mv.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Pole Pigs
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 21:48:05 -0500
Would that station be in Derry?

Id say a nude pig could be run at its CCS ratings in SSB/CW service. The
problem is mating it to a suitable tube without requiring a Variac. The
little 2-4 KVA 4400VAC  pigs are pretty much obsoleted in favor of the
7500VAC 5KVA and up variety.

Surplus and scrapped BCB and FM transmitters are another source.

Carl
KM1H