Re: [Amps] Vintage Bandswitches; for Homebrew

To: <aa6eg@k6bj.org>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Vintage Bandswitches; for Homebrew
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 12:24:18 -0500
They were part of the BC-375 tuning units used in those WW 2 planes.

There used to be an endless supply of those switches decades ago, even a
commercial ham amp used them. Ive several myself.

They will work fine in an amp of reasonable power but realize they are
nonshorting. I dont know what the breakdown voltage is and how much
contamination the ceramic has accumulated in the past almost 70 years or
so.

Carl
KM1H