Re: [Amps] Ten Tec Titan II Blower Replacement?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ten Tec Titan II Blower Replacement?
From: N7KA@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 03:24:51 +0000 (UTC)

An approach that might work is to look in Yellow pages under Electric Motors,
Repairs and Parts (or similar section) and see if there is a motor repait shop
anywhere near you.  I know someone that was in the motor repair business and
that included rewinding the coils.  I will be seeing that person toward the end
of the month and will ask some questions of him.

It seems amp mfrs are using small mfrs of blowers and possibly get special runs
which later become unobtainium.  If anyone has success getting a blower rebuilt
please ask if they will accept these small jobs from others and then publish
info.  I have a noisy blower in a TITAN-425 that may be needing repair/rebuild
soon.

Arne N7KA