Re: [Amps] 50 watt zeners

Subject: Re: [Amps] 50 watt zeners
From: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 14:13:24 -0500

David Cutter wrote:
> Power zeners might be more popular if they were made in T0-220 package, like
> power resistor are these days.  Stud mount devices are so fiddly and
> disproportionately expensive, too.

Although they don't allow much flexibility in the installation, for
large Zeners the stud mount is appropriate and efficient for the
designed use. The big ones were bolted down to heat sinks which made for
a very simple and rugged installation.   I had some that came out of
some industrial installation that were huge.

73

Roger (K8RI)