[Amps] Kilovac HC-4 Relays

To: Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Kilovac HC-4 Relays
From: Roger Parsons <ve3zi@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 16:37:21 -0800 (PST)
I have a number of Kilovac HC-4 vacuum relays which have very nice specs, but
are not rated for RF use. I understand that they use a different contact
material from, for example the HC-1, and can be hot-switched. I wonder if there
is any fundamental reason why they should not be used at RF? Obviously I would
try not to hot-switch them! The contact resistance is a fraction of an Ohm
measured with a VOM. Looking at the Kilovac catalogue the contacts do appear to
the the only difference from others in the range.

Any thoughts?

73 Roger
VE3ZI