Re: [Amps] Vintage rig PS question

To: Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Vintage rig PS question
From: Radio WC6W <wc6w_amps@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 09:48:26 -0800 (PST)
Hi Carl,
  Back when, choke input was required to protect the Mercury/Xenon rectifiers
from current peaks they couldn't tolerate.

  The transformer will run just fine with modern diodes.  Voltage regulation
will suffer a twidge due to the higher R but, if you're only running (real) AM
that's a constant load.

73 & Good morning,
  Marv WC6W

http://wc6w.50webs.com/