Re: [Amps] Henry expert on list?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Henry expert on list?
From: kg7hf@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 21:23:09 +0000 (UTC)

I think the Harris RF 110 is basically the urt-23...you can't kill them, and
they will work from 1.8 to 30.0 Mhz to produce over legal limit.   On the uss
georgia, w e always tweaked ours to about 2500w output, just to make sure we
could be heard.

http://www.boatanchors.org/URT-23B.htm

Paul

---------------

I've heard good reports of the Harris RF110 which is a pair of 4CX1000As (I
think).? The tubes are very under-rated and although the amp is rated at 1kW
out 2-30MHz I'm sure it could do more.? It will, however, be limited by the
output transformer and the bandswitching which from what I've heard are not so
over-rated.

There was one for sale recently on one of the UK ham radio sites, though the
guy wanted about GBP2500 or something laughably optimistic and the amp had
home-brew power supplies and control box.? Needless to say he couldn't sell it!

If you pick up one at a decent price then I'd say it could be a good piece of
kit assuming no-one's monkeyed with it.? The manuals are all on the Boat Anchor
Manual Archive on the web

cheers

Dave G0OIL