Re: [Amps] Transformer Update

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Transformer Update
From: "walnutcreek@appstate.net" <walnutcreek@appstate.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 12:59:40 -0500
I tried sending this last night, cyber space got it instead!
Best 73,
Cam

HI all,
I just finished dealing with Jeff and he did a great and commendable job in
having a new transformer for an older amp built.  I sent the

  Normal
  0

  false
  false
  false

  MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

dimensions of both the transformer and space available, the wire layout and
photos.  The transformer I received fit like a glove and gave the amp a new
lease on life.  My hat is off to him for his patience with me and the quality
of the work.  The transformer looks great in a  new looking Hunter 2000C with
two 3-500z's since I'm keeping the original tubes out for now to save them for
a possible sale of the amp someday.
If you know what you want be ready to pay for it, I just sold a 300lb. Hypersil
a couple of years ago that was rated at 6500V @ 1.5 A for a nice chunk of
change.....bought an Alpha 77SX with the proceeds.  It's more amp than I really
need, but nice to have for those hard core, rare DX stations.
They are out there by the way,  DRMO auctions yield some really nice
transformers for huge amplifiers....radar power supplies are massive.
Thanks again Jeff!!
CamWA4JKW