[Amps] "Big Iron" transformer source in UK?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] "Big Iron" transformer source in UK?
From: DAVE WHITE <mausoptik@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 03:33:39 +0000 (GMT)
Folks

For any UK-based people on the list, this firm appear to be a good source for
custom-wound transformers:  http://www.jmstransformers.co.uk/

They recently quoted me GBP 525  (plus the dreaded 15% tax, unless you can
claim it back) for 4.5kv at 10kvA.  That's by far the cheapest quote I had
recently.  They can turn around orders in a week or so, but do a maximum of
about 5kV which is fine for my purposes.

DOES ANYONE UK-BASED KNOW OF ANY OTHER GOOD SUPPLIERS?

cheers

Dave G0OIL