Re: [Amps] Low Power

To: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Low Power
From: <d.cutter@ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 10:44:32 +0000
The other aspect of running constantly at 100W is the temperature of the finals
and drivers: that would concern me much more.  The MTBF drops like a stone at
constant high temperature; everything else in the box will also be at raised
temperature.  I don't know how good the Pro is at shifting heat, but it's a
general principle when calculating MTBF to MIL STD 217.  Your linear is built
to cope with much higher than 100W average power without much affecting its
reliability ratings.

David
G3UNA