Re: [Amps] SB-220 and load mismatching...

To: "Steve Katz" <stevek@jmr.com>, <amps@hidden-valley.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-220 and load mismatching...
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 19:51:34 -0500
The SB-220 has a decent spaced load cap, either version. Ive run up to
5:1 many times with no arcing using a CW cut 80M dipole on 75 or the
same antenna on 17 and 12M. When the bands are wide open the cable loss
doesnt mean much. It requires tuning up carefully at about half power in
the CW position. Then increase drive, retouch the controls and then
switch to SSB and dont touch anything.

SWR is overblown IMO on HF.

Carl
KM1H