Re: [Amps] A Symptom of Low Bias?

To: "'KB0NLY'" <kb0nly@mchsi.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] A Symptom of Low Bias?
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 15:27:46 -0500
A peak reading wattmeter would work ok too.

As to the grid current it could be a few things. I looked at your schematic
on you web site and noticed that the lead coming from the cathode that gets
grounded or goes to bias on transmit, looks to just float in the air on
standby. Do you have a resistor from it to ground, 25k - 100k range should
work. You don't want to leave that float as bad things can happen to the
tube.

The negative grid current could be the tube itself that has a little grid
conduction. Another tube may not do that.
I wouldn't worry too much about it if it is only slight.

73
Gary  K4FMX