Re: [Amps] Step-start; improved circuit.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Step-start; improved circuit.
From: "k7fm" <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 07:02:54 -0800
As a member of the KIRSS fan club (Keep it really simple stupid), I have
never had a problem with the contacts on a simple step-start circuit.  All
you need is a cycle or two delay and if the delay is too long, that is when
the slow actuation time can pit the contacts.

I like Carl's method.  Use a big relay and make it fast.

I have an amp that has all sorts of protective circuits in it.  It is full
of every feature I ever wanted in an amp.  It is also the only amp that has
never been completed.  One of the problems is that while sitting unfinished,
the panel got scratched.  Now, in addition to finishing the electrical work,
I have to remove the panel, strip it and repaint.

In the meantime, all my other amps, will less protective circuits, just keep
working and working.

73,  Colin  K7FM