Re: [Amps] HV measurements

To: "Tim Long" <tlong8@earthlink.net>, "Paul Decker" <kg7hf@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV measurements
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 16:14:31 -0400
I use the 6KV range on a Triplett 630 to test up to around 3500V AC or
DC. Some Simpson 260/270's have a 5kV option. I made up probes with new
30kV wire.

For 3.5-7kV I use the factory 8kV probe on a Fluke 8800A and have a 20kV
one also.

Most of the older VTVM's such as Heath, Hickok, RCA , etc have
compatible 20-40kV probes. Some are interchangable as long as you know
the requirements, many meters have a 10 or 11Meg input.

Carl
KM1H