Re: [Amps] Filament transformer question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Filament transformer question
From: "Roy" <royanjoy@ncn.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 11:31:08 -0500
About,

"Hi All.
Can someone clear up a point regarding centre tapped filament transformers.
I am having one wound for my 4x 813 amp,where I need 10v@20amps.
I told the winder, and he wants clearing up does it mead 5-0-5v ,or
10-0-10v and bias via a G3SEK board, to centre-tap of transformer.(I
thought it was 10-0-10volt) so maybe its time for me to wear the dunces
hat! Im just used to 6.3/12volt heaters.
Sorry for sounding dumb, but my epilepsy has been playing havoc with me
today and just need some guidance.
Oh ,the tubes/valves  turned up today ..They look better than I could
have imagined
cant wait to get building.
                                       73`s Jon G8CCL

Jon,

It means 5-0-5 volts, RMS because in use, you tie the entire secondary
across the tubes' filaments. (This assumes you're connecting all filaments
in parallel).

Good luck & 73,

Roy,   K6XK