[Amps] FW: Heathkit SB220 manual

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] FW: Heathkit SB220 manual
From: "Rex Lint" <rex@lint.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 18:00:11 -0400
Not any more.  According to wikipedia,

"The Copyright Term Extension Act (CTEA) of 1998 extended copyright terms in
the United States by 20 years. Since the Copyright Act of 1976, copyright
would last for the life of the author plus 50 years, or 75 years for a work
of corporate authorship. The Act extended these terms to life of the author
plus 70 years and for works of corporate authorship to 120 years after
creation or 95 years after publication, whichever endpoint is earlier.[1]
Copyright protection for works published prior to January 1, 1978 was
increased by 20 years to a total of 95 years from their publication date.

This law, also known as the Sonny Bono Copyright Term Extension Act, Sonny
Bono Act, or pejoratively as the Mickey Mouse Protection Act, effectively
'froze' the advancement date of the public domain in the United States for
works covered by the older fixed term copyright rules. Under this Act,
additional works made in 1923 or afterwards that were still copyrighted in
1998 will not enter the public domain until 2019 or afterward (depending on
the date of the product) unless the owner of the copyright releases them
into the public domain prior to that or if the copyright gets extended
again. Unlike copyright extension legislation in the European Union, the
Sonny Bono Act did not revive copyrights that had already expired. The Act
did extend the terms of protection set for works that were already
copyrighted, and is retroactive in that sense. However, works created before
January 1, 1978 but not published or registered for copyright until recently
are addressed in a special section (17 U.S.C. § 303) and may remain
protected until 2047. The Act became Pub.L. 105-298 on October 27, 1998."

    -Rex-

     Rex Lint, Consultant
     26 Brek Drive
     Merrimack, NH 03054