Re: [Amps] new GS-35B amplifier.

To: Amps reflector <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] new GS-35B amplifier.
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 09:40:58 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 12:10:13 +1000, robert briggs <vk3zl@bigpond.com>
wrote:

>The running conditions are now as follows...with 75 watts of carrier the
>amplifier easily produces slightly over 1000 watts out....Increasing the
>drive to 95 watts carrier the power output is 1400 watts...Anode current
>for 1000 watts is just on 800ma

REPLY:

Glad you got it working! Congratulations.

I am a little concerned about the efficiency, however. If I'm doing
the math right, the efficiency at the 1000 watt level is only about
43% (subtracting the 75 watt drive from the output, since this is
grounded grid).

1000 - 75 = 925 watts output.
DC input is 2700 * .8 = 2160 watts.
925 / 2160 *100 = 42.8%.

Seems to me it should be better than that, don't you think?

73, Bill W6WRT