[Amps] New GS-35B amplifier

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] New GS-35B amplifier
From: robert briggs <vk3zl@bigpond.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 21:30:39 +1000
Hi all, Well I finally have sorted this amplifier out and it is now
running fine...I installed it into the shack yesterday and have made a
few contacts into US and JA and all works as it should....A measured 50
watts of drive makes a tad over 1kw output....I don't like driving it
harder as I don't think the  AL-80B HT transformer would like it...At
1200 watts output the HT starts to sag badly..

Thanks to all who contacted me with tips and advice...I am just happy
that all is working fine....I don't think I will wear out the GS-35B
tube  in a hurry.....I am now looking at turning up an adapter  for the
GS-31B tubes so that I can fit a GS-35B cooler in place of the existing
cooler...

Bob....VK3ZL...