[Amps] Dentron MLA-2500

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Dentron MLA-2500
From: "Roland AH6RR" <Toesonnose@hawaii.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 12:08:14 -1000
Aloha All,
I have a MLA-2500 that I have done a tube swap to the Russian GI-7B. All was in
good working order for over 2 years until I decided to build a airbox around
the tubes and had the Watt meter sensor to close the plate choke where the high
voltage jumped to the sensor board and killed the meter and board. It also took
out half the diodes on the voltage doubler. I replaced the diodes and took the
sensor out. But now it keeps blowing the same 6 diodes on the voltage doubler
on 40 Meters. Seems fine on 20 meters with 1200W with 350 mils of plate current
out but when I switch to 40 it will work for about 2 minutes then the fuse
blows. I check and the same 6 diodes on the Plus side of the doubler are
shorted.
 Could this be the caused by one of the filter caps being weak or could it be
one of the tubes. I checked the tank and all seems fine there. Any help would
be appreciteated.

Roland AH6RR