Re: [Amps] Tank value problems and grid current

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tank value problems and grid current
From: "Peter Voelpel" <df3kv@t-online.de>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 15:36:41 +0200

To see 1.5KW output your anode current must be around 1.2A if you have 2100V
on the plate.
Your load Z will be about 1-1.2kOhm, so on 80m (3.5MHz) your coil should be
about 5.7µH, not 3.7 and never 7.2µH on 3.8MHz.
Tune cap setting will be about 400pf and the load padder should be at least
1200pf.

Your writing is not clear when you talk about grid current, screen current,
tune cap and load cap.
Screen current drop and grid current drop are somehow different as well a
1000pf tune cap or a 1000pf load cap.

Remember, with a tetrode amp you need to tune with your tune cap for maximum
screen current and tune your load cap for specified screen current.
Normally that setting gives the desired output.

73
Peter