Re: [Amps] HV switch-mode power supply

To: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, "Amps reflector" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV switch-mode power supply
From: John - K4WJ <k4wjfoc1749@wildblue.net>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 10:35:34 -0400
Jim,

From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
To: "Amps reflector" <amps@contesting.com>

> When I left Chicago (three years ago), I was paying $0.09/kWh during
> the winter and $0.10/kWh during the summer. We ran air conditioning
> during the summer, and our average use was about 55 kWh/day. Here in
> CA, we're down to about 27 kWh/day, and we've never even considered
> buying air conditioner. Thank you, Enron and PG&E.

Don't forget to thank the environmentalist too. They worked hard to close a
couple of generating plants and I believe California had less power
generating capacity in 2003 than it had in 1995. Unfortunately my sources
for the information are packed away in storage so I am unable to give
refernces.

BTW, thank you for all your contributions to this reflector.

73..de John/K4WJ