[Amps] designing and testing RF Bipolar Power bias circuit

To: Amps <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] designing and testing RF Bipolar Power bias circuit
From: Dan Sawyer <dansawyer@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 19:29:47 -0700
All, I am converting a TH430 based Class C amplifier to Class AB. The
basic circuit is a traditional single stage layout with input and output
binocular transformers. Things are proceeding, however the bias seems
unduly noisy. I measure over two volts of peak to peak ripple at the
bias source.

The bias is a current source, from a Tek 577, to the common side of the
input transformer. When power is applied the bias sags. This may not be
the 'best' circuit, however it is convenient because it is possible to
easily make measurable adjustments.

1. any thoughts on the source of the noise?
2. would a standard voltage divider and diode circuit be better?
3. would it be less noisy.
4. would a capacitor across bias input help?

Sorry for the low level questions, but your analysis would be helpful.
Thanks Dan