Re: [Amps] [rfamplifiers] Unexpected loading capacitance

To: kk7uv@bresnan.net, rfamplifiers@yahoogroups.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] [rfamplifiers] Unexpected loading capacitance
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 21:48:22 EDT

Sounds like you might need more drive power. That would increase the plate
current swing which will lower the plate load resistance. This would
require  less plate loading C for maximum power output.

When you checked the output network with the 259B was the tube side of the
network loaded with a resistor? If so, what value resistance?

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 6/2/2009 7:56:50 P.M. Central Daylight Time,