[Amps] (no subject)

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] (no subject)
From: jimsmitheguard-a@yahoo.com
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 17:28:09 -0700 (PDT)
I have a very large transformer that I would like to get rid of. I had it sold
a couple times only to have the buyer back out at the last moment. I purchased
it for a 4CX10,000D/8171 amplifier project. I purchased the 4CX10,000D/8171
tube only to have it arrive damaged. I then purchased this transformer along
with the tube and socket, only to have this tube and socket arrive damaged
also. I shelved the project indefinitely.

The transformer weighs roughly 250 pounds. It was originally used in commercial
equipment with a 4CX5000A/8170 tube which has the same power requirements as
the 4CX10,000D/8171. It was so heavy, it had to be disassembled into six
separate boxes for shipping. The seller did not know the voltage rating, but
this is a very large three phase transformer. I figured I could use a number of
configurations with just one coil, or two in either series or parallel to get a
variety of outputs that would be much more than suitable for my needs.

If you are building one of those beefy power supplies, this will surely handle
the demand. I am willing to take little to nothing if you pick it up in Fair
Oaks, CA. I will ship it if you want to cover the costs, but this may be
difficult. Contact me off list if you are interested.

Jim Smith,
KQ6UV