[Amps] Re Toroidal Transformers

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Re Toroidal Transformers
From: robert briggs <vk3zl@bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 17:00:39 +1000
Thanks to all who have contacted me re Toroidal transformers..I
currently have an Antek 2 x 800 volt unit in a 2 meter amplifier using 2
x GI-7BT tubes....That is a standard unit produced by them....I was
looking for a beefier unit to run a GS-31/35B tube and have been
shopping around the various makers....That on it's own is a big
task....Anybody want to buy a lot of 1000 units?..

Whilst checking various websites on Toroidal Transformers I came upon
this site  RAF Tabtronics toroidal transformers....Google it for more
information....It sets out very clearly a good explanation of the
manufacture and benefits a toroid can be....It is worth looking at..

I have finally settled on a unit for my use and have ordered two of
them....Approximate weight is 30 pounds per unit 2 x 950 volts @ 800ma
each wound for 240 volts 50cps...These are for CW only
amplifiers..Expected delivery time is 5 weeks from USA....

Bob....VK3ZL....