Re: [Amps] Experience with Svetlana 3CX800A7?

To: "W1UK" <w1uk@earthlink.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Experience with Svetlana 3CX800A7?
From: "Jim W7RY" <w7ry@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 16:23:44 -0700
I don't think they exist.  As I remember, they were planning on TRYING to
make them but were never successful. Svetlana doesn't exist as we knew it
when George Badger and someone else (I don't remember his name... Bob
Alprin?) ran it many years ago. They were also planning on making 3-500s
too. That never happened. Someone was labeling Chinese made tubes and
selling them under the Pride name.

I see some "Svetlana" tubes on Ebay and RF parts says they carry them but
I'm not sure of their origin. I remember someone saying that the Svetlana
4CX800 (GU-74) is no longer made either.

73
Jim W7RY