Re: [Amps] HV for Ameritron QSK-5PC

To: <lists@subich.com>, "'k5jv'" <k5jv@kingwoodcable.com>, "'Amp Reflector'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV for Ameritron QSK-5PC
From: "Phil Clements" <philc@texascellnet.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 23:58:19 -0500

> Subject: Re: [Amps] HV for Ameritron QSK-5PC
>

> > My stand-alone QSK-5 has a HV of 380 volts.
>
> That's only enough reverse bias for a matched load in a
> 50 Ohm system.  With 2:1 SWR the peak of the RF crest is
> almost 800 V (535 - 540V RMS).
>
> 73,
>
>    ... Joe, W4TV

Do not tell me, tell Ameritron! My QSK-5 has been working flawlessly for 10
years. I even use it mobile @ 1 kw. A man asked a question, and I gave him
an answer, direct from the Ameritron manual. The QSK-5 meets all of its
specs without raising any voltages due to increased vswr. Ameritron will be
glad to know that they have been living a lie with a bad product all these
years.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC