Re: [Amps] Grounded grid 8122's

To: <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, "'Ham-amps'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Grounded grid 8122's
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 20:01:52 -0400
It is not semantics when you are discussing 2 very different amplifier
designs. You appear to be the only one trying to combine them as one.

Grounded grid where the grids are at DC and RF ground is not the same as
applying DC voltages to those elements that are still grounded for RF.
Comparison examples would be GG 813's vs the THP HL1KA.

The latter is called Super Cathode Driven for a reason that easily
differentiates it from a simple GG cathode drive.

Carl
KM1H