[Amps] A-480 Plate Transformer Core

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] A-480 Plate Transformer Core
From: "Jim W7RY" <w7ry@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 19:37:56 -0700
I have a defunct Ten-Tec Titan power transformer with an A-480 core. I would
like to get it re-wound for an 8877 amplifier. 2900 to 3000 VAC at 800 ma CCS.

I would really like to not send the core. I would like to get the "copper"
wound up and then simply install my core. I have the tools at my disposal to
band the core back together.

Any suggestions who to ask about getting it re-wound? Will the re-winder supply
just the winding?  Is there an advantage to sending the re-winder the core?

I think the primary is on the outside of the windings... Anyone know if this is
true?  What is the advantage of having the primary on top of the secondary?

Thanks
73
Jim W7RY