Re: [Amps] Dummy Load "Oil"

To: Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Dummy Load "Oil"
From: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 18:48:05 -0400
Almost anything will work as long as it's not flamable at the
temperatures we'd normally run a dummy load. Then some fluids smell and
are best avoided.   David pretty well covered it. The Handbook quotation
is pretty much on except they made some mistakes in reasons and
terminology. OTOH their results are OK. Silicone oil, AKA 200 fluid from
Dow Corning works very well in the lower CS region.  I'd stick to 200 CS
or less.  I think around 20 or 10 CS it's sold and repackaged as dry fly
fluid.  It's called an irritant, but so is water in the hazmat list.
They tell you not to inhale it or they did 12 years ago.  <:-))

73

Roger (K8RI)