Re: [Amps] grounding grids

To: "Bill W5WVO" <w5wvo@cybermesa.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] grounding grids
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 15:55:06 -0400
Ive stayed out of this until now and have been enjoying many of the replies.
The best are from those who never got past reading books or drivel from some
web site and wouldnt know which end of a SA is which. "Documented tests" ?
What does that mean?

As far as an IMD test, Ive done it many times and Heathkit had it right from
the beginning. The difference is minimal but the gain reduction improves IMD
and stability.

Considering the thousands upon thousands of SB-220/221/HL-2200's that are
running fine without the benefit of this and other forums Id say its a waste
of bandwidth.

If amp owners would spend as much time on basic PM such as replacing bad
parasitic suppressor resistors, leaky grid caps, adding a HV surge resistor
in place of RFC-2, and cleaning out the dirt and nicotine from variable caps
and bandswitch, as they do discussing non issues (or creating new ones) they
would not be having problems.

Heath took a few shortcuts but thats not part of this thread.

Carl
KM1H