Re: [Amps] Alpha 76PA Plate Current

To: <w7ry@arrl.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 76PA Plate Current
From: Charles Harpole <k4vud@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 03:12:59 +0000
My friend and I fixed my 76PAC (the P must mean 3 tubes, and the C indicates
a hypersil xfmer) on the meter circuit but we can't remember what
we did... Nevertheless, into a dummy load, at 1500 out,
the plate meter pins.  The grid current is kept
safely below 1/3 scale on the other meter.
Personally, I like the meter pinning because
it gives me another db or so into the contact's
receiver.....  just like the added db u get by putting
up an antenna while it is snowing.
It is not a bug, it is a feature!  73,

Charles Harpole
k4vud@hotmail.com