Re: [Amps] Henry 3K-A "gotchas"

To: philc@texascellnet.com, AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Henry 3K-A "gotchas"
From: Jim Barber <audioguy@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 22:30:59 -0700

Phil, you're right. I am truly interested in how it works, but I'll also
admit an ulterior motive as I'm working on buying one. Not having any
experience with this or other Henry amps, I thought I'd better find out
if there were any major 'gotchas' to the design; especially because of
the age and considering Henry is largely out of that particular business.

So far no 4-alarm fires reported, which was what I was hoping for.
Assuming I end up with it, my wife will be somewhat amused that it will
dwarf my Alpha 77's, which she doesn't consider dainty. Or quiet. Or
necessary, for that matter... ;-)

73,
--jim

Jim Barber, N7CXI