Re: [Amps] DRAKE 6 Meter Amp

To: "RICHARD SOLOMON" <w1ksz@q.com>, "Amplifier Reflector" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] DRAKE 6 Meter Amp
From: "Steve Katz" <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 10:26:39 -0700
I'm guessing it's a hazy memory.  Drake made no 6m amps I've ever seen, but
Swan made two of them: The MK-VI and the MK-VIB.  The former had an internal
power supply, the latter was two units, with the power supply in a separate
box.  They both used 3-400Z/3-500Z tubes (depending on the age).

Raytrack also made a dual-tube amp like this called the "Horizon-6" if I recall
correctly.  Never seen many of those, but the Swans were pretty popular.

Swan...Drake...  "Swans and Drakes belong in lakes..." hi hi

WB2WIK/6