Re: [Amps] THANKS SCOTT RE: NEED PLATE TRANSFORMER FOR HENRY 3K OR HENRY

To: K6XN <k6xn@att.net>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] THANKS SCOTT RE: NEED PLATE TRANSFORMER FOR HENRY 3K OR HENRY 4K
From: Scott McGrath <mcgrath@fas.harvard.edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 09:44:55 -0400
I'm on a bunch of technical lists and while many people do actually
check the manufacturer - it seems that many more do not! on one of the
Icom lists we had a fellow asking where he could purchase some SMD
diodes for a current production Icom radio - Uh Icom Bellevue the ham in
question did not even realize he could purchase the parts directly
obviously a bright and skilled guy but there just seems to be a mental
block in contacting the OEM for repair parts/info among technical people.

I wish I had a nickle for everytime someone visits my shack and says "Q.
Where did you get that service/parts/ops manual????? I've been looking
for Months/Years,  A. $INSERT_OEM_NAME_HERE had it in 3 days".

- Scott N1JIN