Re: [Amps] 240V Outlet

To: <jimsmitheguard-a@yahoo.com>, "'AMPS List'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 240V Outlet
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 00:24:17 -0500
Even if there is #12 wire at the breaker and at the outlets, there may be a
feed to another circuit (light fixture maybe) that is fed off that circuit
with #14. It is not legal to do so but as Jim says some guys do just that
kind of thing. Those 15 amp breakers were probably put there for a reason so
make sure of everything that is fed by them before changing them to 20A

73
Gary  K4FMX