[Amps] 3-500Z viable after long storage?

To: AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 3-500Z viable after long storage?
From: Jim Barber <audioguy@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 23:01:03 -0700
The Henry 3K-A I just picked up (loooonnnggg drive!) has a set of what
were 12 years ago "fresh" 3-500Z's with it. The amp and tubes have been
sitting in the OM's nice, warm, dry shack for 12 years with no power
applied. He never got around to pulling 240V into the new shack after he
moved.

The question is should I try them? There's no high-pot tester available
locally that I know of. My fear, of course is that one or both might be
gassy and flash over, potentially damaging the HV supply.

Thanks,
Jim, N7CXI