Re: [Amps] transfer switch

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] transfer switch
From: "Mike Short" <mike.short@mchsi.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 21:37:02 -0500
Make sure that what ever you end up with you have an interlock to disable
the main circuit breaker before you can turn on the generator breaker. My
generator has an automatic switch for the generator, and I have another plug
to use a portable generator.  It has a breaker on the panel from the
generator that feeds the panel. It has a mechanical interlock so that I have
to disconnect the main CB before the generator breaker can be turned on. I
have a Square D panel, and they make the mechanical interlock as an
accessory. The generator CB is in the upper right position.

Mike
AI4NS