Re: [Amps] HL-2K

To: MIKE DURKIN <patriot121@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HL-2K
From: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 03:27:47 -0400

MIKE DURKIN wrote:
> Iv come to a misunderstanding about 240V hookup. Is the neutral supposed to
> be connected to the case and the ground too, from a 4wire drop?? I cant find
> a description of the 240V hookup in the HL-2K manual when pertaining to the
> neutral and ground.
>
> If any one has a HL-2K from Tokyo HyPower and running on 220V/240V how
> exactly did you do with these before mentioned connections ...

The manual should show you were for a 4 wire hook up the Red (110),
Black(110), and White(neutral) connect.  The Green (OR Bare) wire goes
to chassis ground. Both the Red and Black wires are 120 to neutral with
240 between them.  With the 3 wire hook up the connections are the same,
but chassis ground is to the socket ground, or shack ground.