Re: [Amps] Loaded output circuits

To: <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Loaded output circuits
From: "Alex Eban" <alexeban@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 09:15:44 +0300
What are you guys talking about?
        Most of us use the amplifiers on SSB: that has a peak to average of
about 1 to 5. not only that, the peaks are reached about 5% of the time so
for the most time we are running peak tuned and underpowered 95% of the time
! Sooo the efficiency is in any case low (the average, which is the
important one!). the discussion has meaning only if we consider some
steadystate mode like CW or digital mode.
        Please, don't start a flame over it: the discussion IS instructive
especially for the newer guys. Don't destroy it by getting personal!!!
Alex    4Z5KS