Re: [Amps] 4-1000A neutralization

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4-1000A neutralization
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 18:41:09 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 20:30:21 -0400 (EDT), kc0hfl@cox.net wrote:

>I have completed my 2 tube 4-1000A amp but am experiencing self
>oscillation when I apply plate voltage.

REPLY:

The first question is what is the frequency of the oscillation? Grounded grid
tubes rarely oscillate at the operating frequency. Most likely you have a VHF
parasitic, in which case a parasitic suppressor in each anode lead should solve
the problem.

Parasitic suppressors are not particularly critical as to value of either coil
or resistor. Just copy from any similar design and it should be ok.

73, Bill W6WRT