[Amps] FW: 3-500z Silly question

To: amps fourm <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] FW: 3-500z Silly question
From: MIKE DURKIN <patriot121@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 11:39:30 -0700

From: patriot121@msn.com
To: w7ry@arrl.net
Subject: RE: [Amps] 3-500z Silly question
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 10:25:16 -0700

Center Tap ??

Measurements have been made from the choke to each 3-500z filament ... then
divided by 2 ...
I have solved my issues with marginal voltage for my 24V relays. I was hoping
that the 12V witch was running 17V would be enuff to energize them .. but alass
no .... so a voltage doubler was added and now i have good voltage and action
from/for the relays.

New question .... im using a MFJ 259 analyzer to check the input C-L-C
network's for each band ... and its not good.
The question is - does not having plate voltage affect the input impedance and
frequency that much ( alot !!!) - im thinking that the input caps have been
overloaded and now cooked ( wich might mean that the tubes in this amp were
over driven too )

KC7NOA

> Subject: Re: [Amps] 3-500z Silly question
> Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 07:32:23 -0700
>
> How are you derive the center tap for the cathode connection with DC
> supplied to the filament?

Hotmail® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast.  Try it now.