Re: [Amps] The H&K 304H

To: "'Edward Swynar'" <gswynar@durham.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] The H&K 304H
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 08:13:57 -0400
Also use at least 3 kv, this isnt the 1000W input days and efficiency is
improved to the point that a pair of 304TH's will approach 10dB stage gain
in GG.

OTOH, Id be more inclined to run them grid driven in parallel if drive is
limited to 100W. Swamp the drive a bit to minimize or even eliminate the
need to neutralize. The grid bias requirements are well within reason..

One thing about that tube is that it has beaucoup emission reserve and can
be pushed well above its ratings in SSB and maintain linearity. It needs
some good air flow however.

Carl
KM1H