Re: [Amps] Eimac SK-800B Socket

To: "Pete Raymond, N4KW" <n4kw@wildblue.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Eimac SK-800B Socket
From: Jim Barber <audioguy@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 11:55:10 -0700
Assuming the item is otherwise clean:

One relatively low-risk method is to line a glass dish with aluminum
foil, then soak the item in a heated (boiling or close) preparation of
1/4 cup ordinary baking soda to a gallon of water.

Don't leave the item in longer than necessary. (usually 5-20 minutes
gives maximum effect, or until the water cools) Rinse well with clear
water, blow off with compressed air if available and let air-dry
overnight. Discard the used solution.

Note the aluminum foil mentioned above is a necessary component of the
process.

My .02,
Jim, N7CXI