[Top] [All Lists]

[Amps] Vernier knobs?

Subject: [Amps] Vernier knobs?
From: Roger <>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 20:11:30 -0400
List-post: <">>
I've been looking for some vernier knobs for quite a while. They'd be 
akin to a turns counter, but without the handle or counter. Appearance 
would be a knob with calibrations and a skirt with calibrations that 
moves a given travel for each turn.  That's about the best I can 
describe one and It seems like I saw such an animal on some commercial 
test gear, years ago. No, I don't want the little turns counters that go 
with 10 turn pots.  I just don't like the looks of them.
IOW I could do this with turns counters, but I want to replace the turns 
counters with a much sleeker looking arrangement. These will be driving 
vacuum caps and a roller inductor.

Any one ever see any of these critters, or know where I can find 
some.What I remember is something that looked similar to the knobs and 
skirts on my Alpha 76, but the skirts turned much slower than the actual 
knob.  However what I want turns the shaft at the same speed as the knob 
while the skirt keeps track of the revolutions. Or is it just my old 
imagination playing tricks telling me that such exist...or used to.


Roger (K8RI)
Amps mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>